A. General Information
1. The church office is open from 9:00 a.m. to noon Monday through Friday except on holidays. Please contact the secretary during these hours. Reserving the church for a wedding will be done through the secretary. To secure the First Baptist Church minister, contact him directly.
2. The wedding ceremony should be discussed in detail with the minister performing the ceremony. A wedding coordinator is strongly advised to assist at the rehearsal and wedding.
3. The use of alcoholic beverages and tobacco products is strictly prohibited in church buildings or on church property. No person who is under the influence of drugs, including alcohol, will be permitted to participate in a ceremony.
4. A rehearsal time for the wedding shall be determined by agreement with the pastor, bride and groom, and musicians and shall be scheduled on the church calendar by the secretary.
5. Once a wedding and rehearsal has been scheduled, it has precedence over all subsequent requests. It is important to note that all wedding services will begin at the appointed time.
6. First Baptist Church of Weston is not responsible for accidents or for lost or stolen items, or items left on the premises.
B. Responsibilities of the Bride and Groom
1. The bride and groom are responsible for making the appointment(s) for premarital counseling with the pastor who is conducting the wedding ceremony. Exceptions to this must be granted by the pastor.
2. The bride and groom must personally make any changes in date and time of a wedding with the pastor conducting the service and the church secretary.
3. The bride and groom must agree to read and abide by all policies and procedures.
4. The bride and groom will agree that fees will be paid two weeks in advance of the wedding except for those fees that are customarily paid at the rehearsal.
5. If the cancellation of a wedding ceremony is necessary, the bride and/or the groom must notify the church in writing.
1. Candles for the ceremony shall be furnished by the wedding party. Dripless candles must be used and should be kept in the freezer until just prior to the ceremony. (When using candelabra, plastic must be placed under each to catch any dripping from the candles.)
No tape or tacks shall be used on the pews. (See E. Flowers and Decorations)
2. Birdseed may be used outside the church for showering the couple. No showering materials may be used inside the church building.
3. Flash photography is allowed during the ceremony but must be discussed with the pastor before the ceremony begins. However, standing on the pews or other furniture is strictly prohibited. Small step ladders may be used. First Baptist Church of Weston is not responsible for accidents or falls.
4. Musical instruments and sound equipment may not be moved without permission.
1. If either the bride or groom is a member or a participant in the life and ministry of the church, they may be married with no charge for the building but may express their appreciation through a love gift. Proper etiquette advises that fees be paid in cash at the rehearsal.
2. If neither the bride nor groom is a member or a participant in the life and ministry of the church, a fee of $100.00 shall be paid for the use of the church and a $100.00 refundable security deposit.
3. The fee for the pastor’s services shall be completely between him and the wedding party.
4. The bride and groom should secure musicians with a minimum of $50.00 to be paid in cash at the rehearsal per musician, if the FBC organist and/or pianist are available. They should be contacted directly by the bride and groom.
5. A church-approved sound system operator shall be paid a minimum of $50.00 cash paid at the rehearsal. The sound technician should be contacted directly by the bride and groom. Currently, you can contact Lynn Posey (by e-mail at WestonFBCSound@aim.com).
6. If the wedding party chooses to use the church's projector system as part of the wedding program, a church-approved projector operator shall be paid a minimum of $50.00 directly. The bride and groom should contact the operator directly. Currently, you can contact Leonard Posey (by email at firstname.lastname@example.org), or Lynn Posey (by e-mail at WestonFBCSound@aim.com).
7. A minimum cash fee of $100.00 shall be paid directly to the church custodian for preparing the sanctuary for a wedding and cleaning following a wedding. This person shall also be responsible for opening and closing the church on the day of the wedding and rehearsal.
E. Flowers and Decorations
In keeping with the policy of our church, florists shall observe the following general instructions:
1. Flowers may be placed on the floor in front of the altar, on the altar, or on pedestals supplied by the florist.
2. No item may be permanently attached to any furniture or fixture, or any part of the building. Pew bows or flowers may be attached using appropriate hangers. No adhesives of any kind may be used.
3. Glitter may not be used with any of the floral or associated decorations.
4. The florist must remove all personal items, such as aisle runners or flower pedestals, from church property immediately after the service. The church will not be responsible for lost or stolen items, or items left on the premises.
F. Photography and Video Recording
These instructions apply to still photographers and those making video recordings:
1. Flash photography is allowed during the ceremony but must be discussed with the pastor before the ceremony begins.
2. Standing on pews or other furniture is strictly prohibited. Small step ladders may be used on the floor. First Baptist Church of Weston is not responsible for accidents or falls.
3. The photographer or video operator must remove all personal items or equipment from the church property immediately after the service. The church will not be responsible for items left in the building or on the grounds.
1. A minimum cash fee of $100.00 will be charged for use of the kitchen/fellowship hall.
2. All food, flowers, napkins, table coverings, and candles must be supplied by the bride and groom.
3. A minimum cash fee of $50.00 for the custodian to clean following the reception will be paid directly to him/her and paid at the rehearsal.